The walk-in screening clinic on Thursday, July 16 in Châteauguay will not be reserved to Montérégie-Ouest’s residents as previously planned, informed the city during the afternoon of July 15.
(Translation Vicky Girard)
« In order to allow a maximum of people to get tested, the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de la Montérégie-Ouest (CISSSMO) informed us this afternoon that the COVID-19 walk-in screening clinic on Thursday, July 16 at the Centre 55+ will not only be open to Montérégie-Ouest’s residents like announced initially », says Éric Laparé, spokesperson for the City of Châteauguay.
Last week, two mobile screening clinics were held in Mercier. The first one was open to all. The 600 places available were fully booked in a couple of hours. The second one was only for Montérégie-Ouest’s residents.
As per the information given by the City of Mercier, 1,141 people got tested during the two days of mobile screening. Among them, 12 received a positive result, says the City.
« According to the information we have, the rate of about 1% is common for this type of clinic », specified the mayor of Mercier, Lise Michaud.