In keeping with government and CNESST directives, Ville de Châteauguay will gradually reopen its library as of Monday, July 27, on the usual summer
schedule: Monday from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our library staff has worked hard to protect everyone’s health and safety and they are happy to be able to welcome you again.
To limit the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible, the following rules will apply:
The maximum capacity is 50 people.
It is mandatory to wear a mask or face covering at all times for people aged 12 and over. Access to the building will be denied to anyone who does not comply with this directive.
Wearing a mask or face covering is also strongly recommended for children under 12.
You must stay at home if:- You have the following symptoms: cough, fever, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell;
– You returned from a trip outside the country less than two weeks ago;
– You have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or you are awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
Documents must be returned in the outside book drops.
All returns will be quarantined for a period of 72 hours. No late fees will be applied during the quarantine period.
Inside the library, you must:
– Respect the sanitary measures in place;
– Maintain a 2-metre physical distance from employees and other users.
The following services will be temporarily unavailable:
– Computers and printers in the Internet section;
– Computers for consulting the library catalogue;
– Reading and working areas, including study rooms.
We recommend that you do your research in our online catalogue (biblio.ville.chateauguay.qc.ca) before your visit to the library.
(Source : Ville de Châteauguay)