The Cities of Chateauguay and Mercier informs the citizens that the watering ban has been lifted, given the rainfall received over the past few days.
The ban was in place since June 16.
It is now allowed to water according to the regulations in force:
– Non-automatic watering system: between 9 p.m. and midnight, on even days for residences with an even address and on odd days for residences with an odd address.
– Automatic watering system: between 2 and 5 a.m. on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
– Manual watering of flowers, gardens and vegetable gardens: at all times.
The City of Mercier reminds its citizens to ration their water usage, since it is in high demand during summer, by respecting the municipal regulations.
Automated watering without an automatic shutdown system is only allowed:
-Buildings with an even civic number : Wednesdays, from 6 A.M. to 8 A.M. and from 8 P.M. to 11 P.M.
– Buildings with an odd civid number : Thursdays from, 6 A.M. to 8 A.M. and from 8 P.M. to 11 P.M.
– Manual watering (with automatic shutdown system) : allowed at all times
– New lawn or seeding : with a permit from the City (available online at mercier.appvoila.com).
Pool filling is only allowed during spring and washing a car can only be done with a bucket or a hose equipped with an automatic shutdown system.
For any complaints in regard to the regulations, citizens can call the police by composing 911. To report issues or ask questions about the regulation, they can contact the city by composing 450 691-6090, option 1 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.