Citizens who conclude a sale with an unknown person through the internet or the classified ads of a newspaper can make an appointment at the Chateauguay police station to complete the transaction.
Translation Dan Rosenburg
A place arranged for that effect has been set up nearby. The zone situated at the exterior is filmed 24 hours out of 24 with the help of a high-definition camera. “No police officer or will be directly observing the exchanges, the recordings are kept for a few weeks after the conclusion of a transaction,” indicates the police department in a communique.
Parents can also make an appointment to exchange the custody of children.
7 police advice
1. Never transmit personal information;
- Take images on the screen of advertising, information from the salesperson and of all the exchanges between the parties;
- Check the name of the salesperson/buyer on an on-line research motor (Google, Bing, etc.);
- Bring only the sum of money necessary to make the transaction;
- Do not transfer money to the salesperson before having possession of the goods;
- Note the number of the licence number of the other person’s vehicle;
- Trust your instinct if you have a doubt or if you are not at ease with the transaction.